Farmers Conclave brings together the real farming community from across the country, defining the product region wise and creating a network where usability of commodity is optimized. Following are the key components of Farmers Conclave:
- Procurement centres: Establishing procuring centre for procuring high quality raw materials from across the best of the locations and this leaves minimal distances for farmers to travel, to sell their products. It also ensures that the crop is procured from farmers across the State and helps them save on transportation costs.
- Post-Harvest Activities It includes operationalization of activities like sorting and grading of all selected raw material and creating a conducive environment for required kind of quality of produce by way of adopting post-harvest practices suitably.
- Packaging Unit Creating small packaging Units to pack all the sorted and graded products with the aim of minimizing spoilage/spillage during storage and transportation. Develop an integrated approach to encompass unit and bulk packages considering the product quality, requirements like suitability, compatibility, insect and rodent resistant properties to meet the forward integration potential.
- Forward Integration Focus on the process of planning, implementing and controlling the efficient flow and storage of raw materials, in process inventory, finished goods, services, and related information from the point of origin to the point of consumption for the purpose of conforming to customer requirements. Forward Integration focuses on creating direct and indirect marketing channels.
- Pisciculture - Fish is a nutritious food item containing a good amount of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, minerals, and other nutrients. It is consumed by the people of India and World on a daily basis. With an increase in demands, the price of fish and fish products are also increasing day by day. So, commercial fish production has established itself as a profit-oriented business. Freshwater fish farming is one of the important fish production systems. It indicates raising and rearing fish in a freshwater system like tanks, ponds and other enclosures in a commercial manner for the purpose of food production.